Friday, October 2, 2009

My Guardian Angel Watches Over Me

Today we celebrate the feast of Our Guardian Angels. I actually made it downstairs to the computer this morning. I am thrilled! It's amazing how much a change of rooms makes a difference. Oh, by the way, my 2 week check-up went well yesterday. I felt like I was on a date with my honey!

Anyway, we began our morning with one of our favorite CD's for the little ones. We are very blessed to actually know this family. They are just as sweet as they sound on the CD! I copied the angel activities from A Year With God and we enjoyed discussing the activities.

I'm still not in the kitchen -for a while- but, if I was, I'd definitely be making some type of angel hair pasta and angel food cake tonight :)

We have a wonderful catechist at our parish who shared this prayer with us:

Guardian Angel
Dear guardian angel, I love you. I thank God for giving me such a wonderful heavenly friend. I want to love you as much as you love me! Please stay near me and teach me to grow holy! My name is ___________ . I want to know your name. Please whisper your name in my ear and my mind. I have so many secrets to tell you. I want you to tell me heavenly mysteries. I want to learn to love you each day more and more! Oh beautiful angel, my guardian dear, stay with me and be my guide forever. Amen.

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus