Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus Day-Book Entry




For today ~
Monday October 12, 2009


Outside my window ~
The rain is trickling from the roof. My poor honey had to head out in a downpour this morning.


Around the house ~
The House Cat's sleeping in. I remember vividly not wanting to get up and head out to school on a rainy Monday morning. I am so thankful my kids don't have to! My other three blessings are watching Peep and giggling :)


Celebrating Columbus Day ~
Enchanted Learning and Apples For the Teacher have some fun activities for the kids. I printed out some mini-book work for Buck. They've already had fun coloring these pics online this morning. I also requested some books and a DVD from the library (this morning -better late than never.) I also found a poem we will read and I'll either have my big girls copy it or we'll do some dictation. I hope I didn't pack these lap books from last year away :/


To Live the Liturgy ~
This week we celebrate two great saints - Teresa of Avila and Ignatius of Antioch.

I requested St. Teresa's Interior Castle also this morning. I need to check EWTN's program guide to see if they will be airing St. Teresa of Avila this week.


How I'm Doing ~
So far I've only been out of the house once, for my two week follow up. Oh, how I miss Mass and our church family. I had hoped to be able to go yesterday but, I'm still too sore. I have had a lot of ups and downs over the past 3 1/2 weeks. The pain and soreness have been more than I was expecting. My sweet husband continues to remind me, "This was your 6th surgery in that same area and it's tired of being messed with!" I am improving daily - very slowly- at God's pace - not mine. I have had a new sense of peace these last few days. I am resolved to His time table and not my own. I'm feeling remarkably peaceful. I know a huge part of this has come from your prayers. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you and pray for God's peace and blessings upon you.


Looking ahead~
I'm afforded the opportunity to practice patience and self-discipline. We've already missed seeing the Alabama Symphony Orchestra and Little Children's Theater. I should call and see if I can transfer the tickets to sometime next year. I guess it couldn't hurt to try. Did you notice I said next year? Our home school group has gym day this week. Buck loves it so I'd better not mention it! I'd really love a family outing to the pumpkin patch. Maybe in a couple of weeks? I really want us to try our hand at Saint-O-Lanterns this year. On Nov.1 we have our home school faculty meeting followed by our All Saint's Party. The kids always have a blast at this! Lord willing, I'll be there!
Have a Blessed Week!

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries.

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus